Set out below are the salmon and sea trout fishing records for the River Blackwater at Croick since 2004. In looking at these records please note the following points:
1. Croick Estate is part of the Kyle of Sutherland Salmon Fishing Board, which strongly encourages catch and release, and requires fishing by fly only. There is no spinning or worming on any of our river.
2. Much of the fishing is done by guests staying at the Old Manse. This was not available for let during 2008 and 2009, hence the small number of fish caught.
3. The Blackwater is a typical Highland spate river, and the fishing depends on a good flow of water. But several guest parties have had in excess of 10 fish in a week when the water has been kind.
4. To all intents and purposes fish start to come into the Blackwater in numbers during May and the river wishes right through to the end of the season (30 September).
5. These records do not count the many trout caught on our hill lochs.
|Croick Estate – Salmon and Sea Trout records|