Croick Estate is in the middle of the northern Highlands of Scotland. Covering some 12,000 acres, it is a wonderful mix of fertile strath, and surrounding hills, trees and heather, river and loch. It is home to a wide range of wildlife including four species of deer, eagles and black grouse.
Croick is the ideal destination for active family’s and small groups wanting to have adventures together. These might include:
- walking miles, and enjoying great views;
- fishing for trout in remote lochs or for salmon in a small but prolific river;
- spotting black and red grouse, eagles, kestrels, oyster catchers, curlews and many other birds;
- camping in the remote Creag Mohr bothy;
- watching deer in the wild;
- enjoying the challenge of stalking sika or red deer as we manage our deer numbers;
- taking day trips to anywhere from Ullapool to Dornoch, Brora or Dingwall;
- or simply relaxing in front of the fire in the comfort of the Old Manse.
If you are interested in a holiday at Croick we have two holiday cottages available. Croick Manse will sleep up to eight people whilst our new holiday property, The Mission Hall, is designed for a couple or single occupancy. To find more details, please follow these links:
For regular updates, follow us on Instagram at TheFarmAtCroick and Croick_Holiday Lets.
Previously managed as part of a large-scale sheep farm it is gradually being restored to provide the diverse habitat in which the natural wildlife of the northern Highlands can flourish alongside sustainable agriculture.
Our family is privileged to own the Estate, which we bought in 2003 and which we call home. We believe that ownership means stewardship. As stewards, it is our responsibility to leave the land and the habitat in good condition for the next generation. And we are happy to share the Estate with all who wish to enjoy it responsibly, whether for a day’s walk or a fortnight’s holiday.
This website cannot be a substitute for visiting Croick in person, and we hope that you will visit us soon. If you are considering a visit you can find here:
- A regular blog, which update you on what is happening on and around the estate.
- Details of the Old Manse, a holiday cottage which is available for let for up to eight people, together with details of fishing and stalking which can be made available as part of a holiday let, or separately.
- Information about Creag Mohr bothy on the estate which can provide overnight shelter for those walking from Ullapool to Croick and onwards, a great destination for a walk from Croick or an overnight adventure for parties holidaying at Croick.
- More about the history of Croick and Croick Church
- Information about how to find us and contact us.
Enjoy the website and we look forward to welcoming you to Croick.
James and Carol Hall